Lead Full-stack engineer
Flexible working hours
Salary range 5000 — 5400$ + stock options
We are looking for a Tech Lead (CTO Candidate) to join Japanese product company which provides a visual programming platform for kids.
Our candidate is a person who has a passion for the next generation’s education and entertainment. Who will lead the challenging development of the collaborative graphical IDE using real-time communication services and other web technologies.
The product is a startup which helps kids and young adults to learn programming in visually way. It allows multiple people to create a program by combining blocks on the screen in real-time then play the created app or game. Creators can simply enjoy learning the basic concepts. Main customers are schools but the company is also launching B2C channel.
• Discuss with the CEO and other management members on the product strategy
• Build the technical team — from hiring to managing, motivating and mentoring
• Be creative in conversation, writing, and visual expression
• Keeping record of and documenting work, meetings, task progress
• Set up, deploy and manage our services using Firebase and Azure.
• Learn the data structure of Scratch, a visual programming OSS created by MIT which we currently base on, and how it works for the development.
• Experience working at an early stage startup (education, entertainment, gaming industry a plus)
• Management experience leading a tech team of 5+ engineers
• 3+ years of professional web application development experience in Front-end development using languages such as React, or Server-side development using languages such as Python
• 1+ years of development experience for large-scale high-traffic services
• Experience in development using cloud services such as Azure, GCP
• Experience in developing real-time communication services using Firebase, Azure Web PubSub and so on
• Full professional proficiency in English
• Communicate smoothly in both online and offline, synchronous and asynchronous situations, with stakeholders of various backgrounds
• Ability to respect the way of thinking of people with diverse cultures, backgrounds, and values, without being rigidly bound by your own common sense
• Be motivated to learn new technologies to solve problems and improve our services for the better customer experience, like metaverse, VR/AR, blockchain, digital twin and drone
How the team members work
The team works fully remotely. Members are not required to work in person from the office and are free to live anywhere in the world. Sometimes there might be in-person meetings and global gatherings when necessary. Typical working hours are fully flexible. However, members may be required to handle early morning and late-night meetings if necessary due to the time difference between regions.
Looking forward for you replies!
Please share your CV by Emailanna.email@example.com, Telegram @annlutskova (+380931184385)