Senior Database / Data Engineer
A modern US product company is looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Database Engineer/ Data Engineer to join their team.
Please, note that the company is able to consider candidates only outside Ukraine due to security reasons.
It`s a pre-construction buidding marketplace helping general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers connect and grow their businesses. A big distributed team is working on the project from all over the world (the USA, Ukraine, India, etc). The time zone is EST, however working hours for Europeans are flexible.
This role requires an aptitude in both relational database and big data skills. Required tasks for the role include building and optimizing the business’ data collection systems and processing pipelines, which will primarily align with the development efforts surrounding multiple platforms.
What you will be doing
- Analyze raw, structured, and unstructured data to identify data sets and entities of interest
- Ensure alignment between engineering, and analytical activities.
- Search for, obtain, analyze, and share information about datasets and their contents
- Define and upgrade Data Lake House systems and architecture
- Tune performance of Data Lake House
- Improve Data Lake House monitoring and alerting
- Perform DB engineering for new product initiatives
- Define, develop, and optimize queries for product, insights, dashboards, and reporting
- Perform DB code deployment and tooling
- Assist Software Developers with query optimizations
- Review and troubleshoot reported issues
What you need to be successful
- 8+ years software development experience in back-end systems
- 3+ yrs. of professional experience in SQL development and data modeling.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with Python scripting
- Deep experience with AWS or cloud-based data services
- Deep experience with Apache NiFi, AWS Glue or similar ETL tools
- Deep experience with Snowflake AWS Redshift, AWS Lake Formation, or similar Data Warehouse / Data Lake tools
- Deep experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure inclusive of relational databases such as SQL, MySQL, and No-SQL such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modeling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages such as PL/SQL Python, Perl, or similar.
- Significant experience designing and implementing OLTP database solutions.
- Full systems lifecycle experience (from requirements to delivery) of database projects is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL on data platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey technical details to non-technical stakeholders
- Agile or Lean Software Development experience such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Looking forward to your replies!
Please share your CV by Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Telegram @annlutskova (+380931184385)