Archive - Senior Database Administrator (PostgreSQL, AWS)
USA company looking Senior Database Administrator(PostgreSQL, AWS).
The world’s only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more.
Company is looking for a driven and innovative Database Administrator on our DevOps team to help us make the “one app to rule them all”. As a Database Administrator , your primary role will be leading our globally distributed and cloud-based infrastructure that powers our app for thousands of users daily.
- Participate in designing, building, testing, and maintaining systems for maximum performance, reliability and scalability.
- Supervise and analyze database performance. Adjust or suggest improvements to database or server configuration as appropriate.
- Work with the engineering teams on product design, decisions and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and improve the engineering team’s ability to rapidly and safely deploy database updates.
- Respond to and troubleshoot events while actively developing safeguards to prevent them.
- Participate in disaster recovery design, testing, and execution.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the engineering team and contribute ideas to our technology, infrastructure, and processes.
- 3+ years of experience managing and tuning large production-critical PostgreSQL database systems, or similar relational databases. Experience in logical & physical replication, as well as PostgreSQL architecture, is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with TSQL and are comfortable writing, explaining, and tuning queries for accuracy and performance. Should be able to suggest index additions, modifications, or removal or denormalization techniques with appropriate evidence.
- Experience with management of Linux-based instances (Ubuntu or CentOS).
- Experience with infrastructure automation and monitoring tools.
- A strong self-starter, operationally-focused; a problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity or experience with connection poolers (e.g. pgPool, pgBouncer) or other associated database scaling technologies is a plus.
- Experience & knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (Elastic Beanstalk, Ec2, CloudFormation, etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with database and application security is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with configuration management tooling (e.g.: Ansible) is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with Node.js is a plus.
Work experience: 3Y+
Work format: full remote/hybrid.
We will be glad to receive your СV by email email@example.com or Telegram @apershikova.